Saturday, March 10, 2018

Hip & Hop and Big News

Well I have been wanting to make this card for sometime to re-cycle or upcycle.  I used a tag and twine that I got from a Black Sheep that I bought as a decoration for Easter.  I thought  it looked vintage and was perfect for a card.  I pulled the twine out and cut it into three pieces and put it back into the tag.  I also have some BIG news that I got a nursing job so I have to start working full time on March 19th so I have one more week of freedom.  It will be great to have health care benefits again instead of paying for horrible insurance.  It has been nice to not have stress and I have to knock on some wood, but I have not had any colds or sinus infections this past year and I have been exercising regularly so I just hope that I continue with my good behaviors when I go back to work. I will also have to go to bed at a decent time.




Patterned Paper:  Paper Studio
Cardstock:  Bazzil
Doily:  Recollections
Tag:  Hip & Hop
Ribbon:  Michael's
Flowers:  Wild Orchid Crafts

Challenges
Crafter's Cafe - Ch. 191 Recycling
Cardz 4 Galz - Ch. 66 Furry Friends
Crafty Animals - Ch. 12
2 Crafty Critter Crazies - Ch. 12
613 Ave Create - Ch. 207 Anything Goes optional reuse/upcycle
Dream Valley - Ch. 174 Vintage
Let's Craft & Create - Anything Goes with optional Easter
Pearly Sparkles - Ch. 26 Flowers
Crafty Calendar - Add a tag or make one

14 comments:

Gina said...

Hip Hop HOORAY ! Congratulations on the new job ! You have been busy with card aking! Lovely cards ! Enjoy your weekend! Gina

Margreet said...

Wow, such good news, Lisa....congrats. But I think your card making will diminish. Wishing you good luck in your new job!
Great card with the lovely rabbits. Love the flowers matching the fab DP.
That sheep is adorable.
xxx Margreet

crafty-stamper said...

Congratulations on your new job-hope you still have time to craft-love the card and the vintage looking tag
Carol x

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Congrats on the new job!! So happy for you my friend:)
Fabulous recycle/upcycle! Gorgeous dp and flowers! Love the burlap ribbon and doily!

Brenda

KT Fit Kitty said...

Woohoo, Lisa Lynn! That is FABULOUS news! Congrats on your new full-time nursing job - I knew the perfect job would come along for you! Yay! You must be very excited! Also kudos to you on all of your healthy habits you've been doing - yes, please keep them up! It might mean less time for crafting but your health is top priority! I am so happy for you, my friend!

Your card is gorgeous! You were clever to save the adorable bunny tag and upycyle it! Love all the flowers and sweet paper! Really has a spring look!

Fikreta said...

congratulations!
those are great news!
card is so sweet!

Chrissy said...

CONGRATULATIONS on the new job Lisa..that is wonderful news..I love these sweet bunnies with the pretty papers and flowers..gorgeous card.

Luv CHRISSYxx

Karen said...

Lots of layers, and textures. Bunnies are lovely. Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies

Cynthia said...

Congrats on the new job, Lisa! I love it when you can recycle something so cute. Great card!

Tammy said...

Adorable card and image, I love all of the flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz!
Tammy x

cass said...

Great way to recycle. Thank you for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Recycled" challenge.

flossbite said...

Congrats on your new job! Love your project, those bunnies are so cute! Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe. Good Luck!

Wendy R. said...

Oh, how beautiful!!! What a great card! Thanks for sharing with us on Cardz 4 Galz, Wendy xx

Gale said...

Lovely card and tag Lisa. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT